I just spent a week and a half in Bloomington. It was really nice.
I just told Zach about how me and Dave had to walk through a haboob when we were in Phoenix. We didn’t know what a haboob was yet and we thought maybe that’s just what the desert did at night. It was awful but we still stopped to take this picture of me with a giant cactus because I’m a dork.
June 21, 2012
Three things I love: Dave Bunn, Bananagrams, and Dr. Pepper.
Three things I hate: Greyhound trips, New York City Port Authority, and five-hour layovers.
A sign in the McDonald’s in Wytheville, VA. Am I stupid for not being able to figure out what this is trying to say?
Here are my notes from Wytheville:
- pronounced, “withville”
- meal stop, mcdonald’s, fuck, “greyhound diet”
- really cold out. car with doors open blasting pop music
- listening to girl reject persistent man. “i don’t want any fries, i’m not far from home and my boyfriend’s got dinner waiting for me.”
- thinking about the first summer
- don’t know if i’ve slept yet, maybe i’ll never sleep again
- now she’s on the phone talking about her boyfriend, who isn’t answering his phone. “lawd have mercy on me. this boy’s dancing on my nerves. he’s moonwalking on my nerves.”
Yesterday it took two and a half hours to get from Newark, NJ into New York City. The worst part was watching the light rail quickly go back and forth in the distance. I wanted to pull my eyeballs out of my face. I fucking hate New York City. This picture was actually taken after I was back out of the city, French-fryless and full of pee because I had to transfer from one bus to the next as quickly as possible.